Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Braden McDaniel <br...@endoframe.com> on 2008/01/03 18:00:24 UTC

svndumpfilter problem trying to remove .cvsignore files

I'm trying to remove .cvsignore files from an svndump. I have created a
list of full paths to these files ("ignores") and run the following bit
of shell script:

        $ cp svndump svndump.foo
        $ cat ignores | while read x; do \
        svndumpfilter exclude $x --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs < svndump.foo > svndump.bar; \
        cp -f svndump.bar svndump.foo; rm svndump.bar; done

When I'm done:

        $ ll svndump*
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 braden braden 1480807882 2008-01-03 03:49 svndump
        -rw-rw-r-- 1 braden braden    5749335 2008-01-03 08:01 svndump.foo

Whoa. I didn't have *that* many .cvsignore files. Loading svndump.foo
into a repository shows the extent of the damage. Where svndump
contained more than 3000 revisions, svndump.foo now has 7. And it
appears to be missing *lots* of stuff that *wasn't* named ".cvsignore".

Any idea what might have gone awry here? Or any idea of some other way
to get rid of .cvsignore files? (Is there a way to tell cvs2svn not to
include them in the first place?)

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <br...@endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <br...@jabber.org>