Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/14 03:07:44 UTC

Browser-based XML document editing tool?

I've built a Cocoon site and all the content is in xml files.  I created
content using an Eclipse XML plugin, which is fine for me as a technical
person, but now I need to allow a couple dozen non-technical people to be
able to create/edit/delete these xml files themselves, using a browser.  I
don't want to have to 'manually' build a bunch of forms and form processing
and file i/o code to create these interfaces for the half dozen different
xml data structures I have.  This type of code has been written too many
times before by so many people, I'm certain, it's crazy to build it all
again.

Seems to me that someone by now has built some kind of tool -- either
server-side or a client side app -- that can basically analyze a DTD or xml
file or Cforms kinda document, then generate a web-based form for content
create/edit/delete, and then write the files to disk.

Can Cforms or some other tool do this?   Thanks for advice.