Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/08/03 17:14:44 UTC

[HEADS UP] Releases plan

Hi all,

As you may know, we released Decanter 1.0.0 last week.

It's now time to move forward on new releases.

The first one that I want to prioritise is Karaf 4.0.1 for middle of
next week (let say around of August 12).
I'm reviewing the Jira right now, and pushing some fixes.
Please, if you have some time to test 4.0.1-SNAPSHOT, and create Jira,
it would be great to include maximum of stuff in coming 4.0.1.

In the mean time, I'm preparing Cellar 4.0.0, including refactoring to
be aligned with Karaf 4.0.0 (removing of blueprint, refactoring of the
commands, etc). I should be able to push end of this week.

Thanks !
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good :)

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian,

yes, I gonna deal with that.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Because the last two mails didn't get through,
I'd like to postpone the release till Pax-Web 4.2.0 is released, which
hopefully will be available tomorrow morning.

regards, Achim

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good.

<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> I think we should wait a bit with the release.
>
> One of our developers just found this new issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-3917
>
> I also have a bigger issue with the webconsole gogo shell. It only shows the
> last character of what I type.
>
> Also Achim mentioned there is some problem in pax web that should be fixed
> before the release.
>
> So I propose we wait at least till tomorrow.
>
> Christian
>

> On 12.08.2015 11:57, Jamie G. wrote:
>>
>> @JB, have fun on vacation :)
>>
>> I'll start up the 4.0.1 RC process.
>>
>> --Jamie
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 2:30 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> 4.0.1 is ready to be on vote. @Jamie, I added a comment in KARAF-3925
>>> about
>>> that. If someone has some time today to take a look on KARAF-3893, it
>>> would
>>> be great, but I don't want to hold the 4.0.1 release. So, KARAF-3893 can
>>> be
>>> postponed to 4.0.2.
>>>
>>> Regarding Cellar 4.0.0, I will submit to vote when back from vacation
>>> (next
>>> week).
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
@JB, have fun on vacation :)

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Sounds good for me.

I plan to release some Aries projects in time to be included in Karaf 4.0.1:
- Aries Transaction Manager 1.3.0
- Aries Transaction Blueprint 1.1.0
- Aries JPA 2.1.0

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Fine with me.
I'd like to upgrade to pax-web 4.2 with it.
As I'm on the road right now it'll need to wait till next week.

Regards, Achim

sent from mobile device

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases plan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.