Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jim McCaskey <ji...@pervasive.com> on 2013/03/13 19:29:18 UTC

merge-maven-repos problems with maven-metadata.xml

Hello all,

Below you will find a maven-metadata.xml file from my Nexus repository (GAV changed to protect the innocent).  What you will notice is that the <snapshot> timestamp and the <snapshotVersions> do not match. I don't think that it's a Nexus repo issue.   Perhaps a bug in merge-maven-repos.

I build the components to an empty directory using the altDeploymentRepository property:

-DaltDeploymentRepository=repo::default::file://E:\builddir\staging-repo deploy

I then publish this component to Nexus using this (using Maven 3.0.4):

org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-4:merge-maven-repos

This seems to work just fine for my non-SNAPSHOT builds.  But the CI builds seem to get their maven-metadata.xml file messed up every time those SNAPSHOT builds run.  This took a while to track down because I run "Update Repositories Index" every night and Nexus fixes the maven-metadata.xml.  And this is a very long build.

FWIW, this is a shim between legacy code and our newer, all Maven build code.  As you can tell we just zip that mess up and use it whole sale in downstream builds.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?  Perhaps it's just a bug in wagon:merge-maven-repos?

-Jim

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metadata modelVersion="1.1.0">
  <groupId>myGroup</groupId>
  <artifactId>MyArtifact</artifactId>
  <version>10.2.6-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <versioning>
    <snapshot>
      <timestamp>20130313.165705</timestamp>
      <buildNumber>1</buildNumber>
    </snapshot>
    <lastUpdated>20130313165705</lastUpdated>
    <snapshotVersions>
      <snapshotVersion>
        <classifier>MyClassifier</classifier>
        <extension>zip</extension>
        <value>10.2.6-20130311.175410-1</value>
        <updated>20130311175410</updated>
      </snapshotVersion>
      <snapshotVersion>
        <extension>pom</extension>
        <value>10.2.6-20130311.175410-1</value>
        <updated>20130311175410</updated>
      </snapshotVersion>
    </snapshotVersions>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

NOTICE: All information in and attached to this email may be proprietary, confidential, privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure. If you are not the sender's intended recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this message.

Re: merge-maven-repos problems with maven-metadata.xml

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
looks like it is bug from maven itself since the merge code is from there

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Al...@miranda.com.

From:	Jim McCaskey <ji...@pervasive.com>