Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "thakkar.aayush" <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/14 02:22:02 UTC

Update jar file in Solr 4.4.0

I have Solr cloud configuration which we run on 4 servers. We use tomcat as
web server for solr. I have 5 zookeepers to maintain the data-replication. I
have added a jar file with custom update processor. This is in shared folder
which is mention in solr.xml**While creating the first version of this jar
file I gave the name updateProcessor.0.1.jar as the file name. Even though
it was shared, jar files were added in all the 4 servers.But now I have to
update the updateProcessor. For this I created updateProcessor0.2.jar. I
deleted the updateProcessor.0.1.jar from each sever and added a new one. But
changes were not seen ?Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Should this is be
checked using zkcli ?

Re: Update jar file in Solr 4.4.0

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like you were somehow getting the old jar file
rather than the new one. It _should_ have worked to just
drop the new jar file in the directory, assuming you'd
removed all traces of the old jar file...

But if you have it working now, that's what counts.

FWIW,
Erick

Posted by "thakkar.aayush" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.