Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Rosenberg <jr...@tabbysplace.org> on 2011/02/01 18:41:57 UTC

Tomcat on Windows XP: WAR file not fully unpacked

I'm on Windows XP, local Tomcat running.  Most of the time when I
upload (from the local machine) a .war file via the Manager HTML UI,
I find that it is only partially unpacked into the app dir.

In particular, only the WEB-INF folder is there & it contains only 1
file.  If I unpack the uploaded WAR file by hand, it is fine & I can
load it myself into the app dir.  Then all is good.

Anyone seen this kind of behavior?

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director

Re: Tomcat on Windows XP: WAR file not fully unpacked

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/2/1 Jonathan Rosenberg <jr...@tabbysplace.org>:
> I'm on Windows XP, local Tomcat running.  Most of the time when I
> upload (from the local machine) a .war file via the Manager HTML UI,
> I find that it is only partially unpacked into the app dir.
>
> In particular, only the WEB-INF folder is there & it contains only 1
> file.  If I unpack the uploaded WAR file by hand, it is fine & I can
> load it myself into the app dir.  Then all is good.
>
> Anyone seen this kind of behavior?

1. Anything in the logs?
2. Maybe there is no enough free space to write, besides a single file.
3. How do you unpack "by hand"? Do you use jar.exe?
4. The full version of Tomcat (x.y.z) and vendor and version of JVM = ?
5. What are attributes of <Host> element in server.xml ?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Tomcat on Windows XP: WAR file not fully unpacked

Posted by Jonathan Rosenberg <jr...@tabbysplace.org>.
Thanks to all for the help,.  The problem has gone away since I set
antiJARLocking='true'

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director