Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by footh <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/18 00:36:19 UTC

Can't access AuthenticationManager

I'm trying to use the cocoon authentication block.
I've added all the necessary libraries and the sitemap
and cocoon.xconf additions.  I used to get an error
stating the AuthenticationManager class could not be
found.  Then I added this line to cocoon.xconf which
wasn't documented anywhere:

    <component
role="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.AuthenticationManager"
class="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.AuthenticationManager"
logger="core.authentication-manager" />

Now I get this error when I try to login in (perform
auth-login action):

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
Could not access the Component (key
[org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.AuthenticationManager])

Any ideas?

Re: Can't access AuthenticationManager

Posted by footh <fo...@yahoo.com>.
OK, I figured out that AuthenticationManager was an
interface so I changed it to
DefaultAuthenticationManger.  But, I also had to add a
bunch of components for the session framework to
prevent a bunch more "Could not find component"
errors.

I'm wondering why I had to add all these components to
the cocoon.xconf file?  I built cocoon with the
necessary components and used the cocoon.xconf file
that was generated.  Makes me wonder if something is
not right with my build.

Does anyone have any insight into this?