Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/18 11:17:16 UTC

How to set Disk tags in CreateServiceOffing API

Hi,all
    When I Create a new ServiceOffing,I enroll the the host tags with "def"
and storage tags with "abc",and I get the url
with firebug as follow:

http://10.6.159.69:8080/client/api
?command=createServiceOffering
&issystem=false
&name=test1
&displaytext=test1
&storageType=shared
&cpuNumber=1
&cpuSpeed=1.5
&memory=1500
&networkrate=100
&offerha=false
&tags=abc
&hosttags=def
&limitcpuuse=false
&response=json
&sessionkey=2Bbor2Qg5LEZDCwQAcxch6TvCQw%3D
&_=1347959260588

the following page is the documentation of CreateServiceOffing:
http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/api_3.0.0/root_admin/createServiceOffering.html
as it list, the parameter tags' description is
tags:the tags for this service offering.

but in the ui,It means storage tags.

which is right?the documentation or the UI?

RE: How to set Disk tags in CreateServiceOffing API

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Thanks for filing the bug.
Since disk offering specifies the offering for disks, tags would implicitly mean storage tags.
There is no ambiguity as in the case of service offering (we have host tags and storage tags) which defines the template for compute and root disks

 I strongly advise you to file bugs if the documentation is off the mark and help improve the community experience.

Thanks,
-Nitin
the createDiskOffing document has the same question.

also many API's response doesn't match the document.

I've filed a doc bug: CLOUDSTACK-130 - doc bug<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-130>about this.

Posted by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com>.