Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2014/12/08 21:27:42 UTC

threaded comments in jira

I've filed a "wish" to investigate installing to Apache's jira the
threaded comment plugin. And I've used this community's issues as the
example of where/why the plugin would be useful.

I've always been a big fan of the depth of thought and discussion going
into C* issues and how those discussions are kept in context by
occurring predominantly within issues. But from an outsider and/or
part-timer it can be hard-work trying to read through an issue to see
its current status or outcome, especially when there are spin-off
threads happening.

I was prompted last week at the Cassandra Summit to just go ahead and
file a ticket with infra and see if it gains any traction. A few
committers have noded their approval to the idea but i'm guessing they
either don't rate it very high priority-wise or have doubts about infra
adding it. Which is fair enough, and the latter might well be true, but
i believe it's worth the effort and it would be great if those that are
supportive might vote on it, and if anyone feels that it should be shot
down does so.

~mck

--
“Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal;
While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |

Re: threaded comments in jira

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Btw, for those that haven't noticed it, the threaded comment plugin is now
actice, so it'd be nice to take the habit of using the 'reply' link on a
given comment when you're directly answering/replying to that comment.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!