Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2019/12/18 22:17:00 UTC

[DISCUSS] Towards Avatica-Go 5.0.0

Now that Avatica 1.16.0 is just about to be wrapped up, it's time to
talk about the next release for Avatica-Go, 5.0.0.

Most of the changes are already in place and I will add Avatica-1.16.0
as a test target.

This release will be a major release because there will be some breaking
changes to the DSN (connection string) as some parameters were removed.
These parameters were moved to a struct to allow the setting arbitrary
connection properties when opening a connection to Avatica.

I plan to have rc0 available for voting within the next couple of days.

Francis

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica-Go 5.0.0

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.