Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lewis Skolnick <tr...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/10 23:35:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Getting Worker MPM to work on FreeBSD

Hey,

I have FreeBSD 4.9 and Apache 2.0.48, and, despite the admonition in
INSTALL, I'd like to run the worker MPM on my server instead of the default
prefork model.  If I don't --enable-threads on the configure command line,
configure gives me "worker.c not supported".  If I do, setting
--with-mpm=worker still fails because now make actually fails to build
thread_mutex.c.  I'm guessing some header conflicts somewhere.

Has anyone been intrepid enough to make worker.c functional on FreeBSD?  If
so, is it only 5.2?  And how?

Many thanks,

Lewis :)