Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Patrick Plaatje <pa...@ipros.nl> on 2009/04/23 13:49:03 UTC

Creating a vector object from SVG text

Hi All,

i'm not sure if i should post my question here or on the Batik list, but
my question is the following: i have an xsl-fo document, in which i'm
including an svg image. This SVG holds some text. No problem so far.
When i render this xsl-fo into PDF for example, and i open this newly
created document, the text is still text and hasn;t been converted to
outlines. Does anyone knows how to achieve this. in the final result i
need a PDF or EPS where the text is rendered into a vector layer/image
instead of a text layer.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Re: Creating a vector object from SVG text

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Patrick Plaatje wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi Patrick,

> i'm not sure if i should post my question here or on the Batik list, but
> my question is the following: i have an xsl-fo document, in which i'm
> including an svg image. This SVG holds some text. No problem so far.
> When i render this xsl-fo into PDF for example, and i open this newly
> created document, the text is still text and hasn;t been converted to
> outlines. Does anyone knows how to achieve this. in the final result i
> need a PDF or EPS where the text is rendered into a vector layer/image
> instead of a text layer.

Rendering Text as text is usually preferred as it is more efficient.
However, there is a configuration option to override the default
behaviour and only SVG text to be rendered using shapes instead. The
configuration element is <stroke-text> and I believe it has to be placed
as a child of the xml-handler element below the PDF Renderer
configuration element. You need to set stroke-text option to true to
achieve the desired affect.

Thanks,

Chris