Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ozgurnevres <oz...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/04 09:08:00 UTC

"Ignite instance with this name has already been started" exception

Hi,

I have an interesting problem. Sometimes, when starting ignite in my asp.net
mvc project, I am getting the exception below:

"Ignite instance with this name has already been started: myGrid1"

My code is like this:,
 if (null == Ignition.TryGetIgnite("myGrid1"))  _ignite =
Ignition.StartFromApplicationConfiguration("igniteConfiguration");

Ignition.TryGetIgnite("myGrid1")) is always returning null, and
Ignition.StartFromApplicationConfiguration throwing the exception above.

I tried
Ignition.StopAll(true); before the code above but it doesn't work.

At the web config:
  <igniteConfiguration
xmlns="http://ignite.apache.org/schema/dotnet/IgniteConfigurationSection"
gridName="myGrid1" clientMode="true"
igniteHome="D:\Projects\IgniteIntroduction\IgniteWebTest\bin\">

In short, how do I know if ignite instance has already been started?
Thanks

Re: "Ignite instance with this name has already been started" exception

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Hi, this is due to IIS behavior with AppDomains, see

https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/deployment#section-iis-application-pool-lifecycle-appdomains-and-ignitenet
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42961879/how-do-i-retrieve-a-started-ignite-instance-when-a-website-restart-occurs-in-iis/

Pavel