Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Scott Parkerson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/19 17:57:00 UTC

Rumors of Flatpack's Death Were Quite Exaggerated

I wanted to pass this along to both the Camel and Servicemix groups
because I've been seeing a few things in the archives and in JIRA
noting that it appeared that Flatpack[1] was dead. On the contrary, it
looks quite alive, as they (finally) released version 3.2.0 in March
2010, about two and a half years after the last release (3.1.1, dated
November 2007).

Furthermore, Flatpack isn't quite "unfriendly" to OSGi, per se -- it
actually works quite well, if you can work around the current
ServiceMix bundle problem where the fpconvert.properties file didn't
make it into the wrapped bundle[2].

Finally, since the SMX bundle is old-ish, I've filed another JIRA[3]
to get 3.2.0 in Apache Servicemix (since it could be done around the
same time as the other bundling fix).

Cheers!
--sgp

[1]http://sourceforge.net/projects/flatpack/
[2]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-561
[3]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-562

Re: Rumors of Flatpack's Death Were Quite Exaggerated

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This is cool, lets create a ticket to upgrade it at Apache as well.

Is there any public maven central where its been published?

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Rumors of Flatpack's Death Were Quite Exaggerated

Posted by Scott Parkerson <sc...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

I'm trying to get in touch with the developers of Flatpack to answer
those questions.

--sgp

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.