Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2009/08/17 18:15:24 UTC

Re: Create dynamicly XML From XSD

Hello,

I think what you're asking for is provided by the DOM Level 3 Validation
[1] spec. Xerces doesn't have such capability built into it. You would need
to write a lot of code yourself in order to accomplish what you're trying
to do.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Val-20040127/

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Uwe,

The development focus these days is on XML Schema 1.1. There's been no
discussion on what might follow that though still haven't heard much
interest from the community in an implementation of DOM Level 3 Validation
in Xerces. Here's a link [1] to what I said last year when this same
question was asked. Volunteers with an interest in seeing this happen are
certainly welcome.

Thanks.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/yvfexcjxrzwg5bu4

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

q3s38w002@sneakemail.com wrote on 08/27/2009 06:54:03 PM:

> Any plans of implementing DOM Level 3 Validation at some point? I
> have a similar project on the go, and L3V would greatly speed up things.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Uwe
>

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Michael Glavassevich
mrglavas-at-ca.ibm.com|
> xerces.apache.org| <...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you looked at the specification that I pointed you to? DOM
> Level 3 Validation is an API for guided editing of a DOM. It allows
> you to ask questions like "what would the schema allow me to insert
> here?". I believe that's what you were asking for [1]. Xerces
> doesn't have support for this.
>
> You can ask Xerces to validate the DOM and annotate it with PSVI,
> but I'm sure you already knew that.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] "... when i create XML DOM what i need its to have PSVI from
> father to know what child i can add."
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Parser Development
> IBM Toronto Lab
> E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org
>
> juho <j....@gmail.com> wrote on 08/18/2009 03:43:36 AM:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just want to be sure i understood well, because i saw Xerces have
version
> > with DOM3 supports, but you say i do not implements DOM3 validation for
the
> > moment ? is it exact?
> >
> > If it is, i will try to keep my solutions and use JAXP Validation on
runtime
> > to check if for each Dom modification, document stay valid.
> > My actual development is heavy, because i uqse JDom so i write XML on
temp
> > file and load it to validate him.
> > Next, if it is valid i wrote him in final, else i inform from erros.
But i

Posted by q3...@sneakemail.com.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,