Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Keith Wannamaker <kr...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2000/02/22 23:52:40 UTC

Session object

Using Apache, Jserv, and Jakarta:

When I access the jsp examples through :8080 (Tomcat),
everything works ok.

When I access the jsp examples through :80/Jserv,
the examples serve but nothing in the session is
persistent; the number guess example repeatedly
tells me I have made only one guess.

Has anyone experienced this?

Keith Wannamaker
IBM Corp.

Re: looking for...

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.
Yes, I was thinking that I might be able to hack Tomcat a little and get it
to do what I need, I was worried about artefacts though, seeing as Tomcat is
a larger application. Anyway, I was doing that very thing when this message
came in :)

Yes, the servlet API is HTTP specific... but it shouldn't be, at least not
the generic portion... that's what the http package is for after all. Anyway
its a good API and if I can work around the HTTP specific stuff, I can use
it... and using tomcat as the "parent" app might be good, because eventually
it will be fast. stable and secure... (not to mention well known and
trusted) it also means that I don't have to distribute the whole
application, but plugins to Tomcat.

We'll see how it goes...

- Brill Pappin