Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Zsolt Horvath <ho...@mail.tiszanet.hu> on 2001/06/28 12:18:01 UTC

Exepsion catching

Hi !

Can I catch the all of exceptions and redirect to a JSP file ? Mostly I need to catch the Internal Server error 500 !

Re: Exepsion catching

Posted by Vinay Menon <ja...@vinay.org.uk>.
Why don't you set up your web.xml file to point to the appropriate error page? you can specify the error page by http error code...

for eg.

<error-page>
    <error-code>500</error-code>
    <location>pathtoyourjsppage</location>
</error-page>

Cheers

Vinay
  As you say : Catch the exception and redirect to a jsp page ;-)) Best is to override HttpServlet and make a MainServlet to catch Exception and handle the errors. Don't know how to do anything in a jsp page, so if you were asking that : don't know...

  Mvgr,
  Martin
    Can I catch the all of exceptions and redirect to a JSP file ? Mostly I need to catch the Internal Server error 500 !

RE: Exepsion catching