Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Dirk Högemann <di...@googlemail.com> on 2015/02/19 09:54:44 UTC

Versioning behaviour

Hello,

I have a question regarding JackRabbits versioning behaviour.
I have two ways to change content in my repository (full versioning):

1. checkout Node, change Properties, checkin Node: Results in a version
history like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on
2. session.importXml(the application logic determines the target UUID for
the imported xml): This results in versions like 2.0, 3.0

I thought the second kind kind of behaviour would only occur if I use
different workspaces - which is not the case (by my intention).

Anyway: What I need is a linear version history (1.1, 1.2, 1.3 OR
1.0..2.0...), not a mixed one.

Is it possible to force this behaviour? (for example by manipulating the
imported XML)

Best regards and thanks for any hints...
Dirk