Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/07/15 23:10:52 UTC

Heads up - might need 6.0.29 soon

Folks,

It looks like we have a regression in the cookie handling. Invalidating
the session and then requesting a new session results in a mal-formed
header (in trunk) and I have seen similar reports from one of our
support customers on 6.0.28.

I have a test case and am working on this now.

Mark

Re: Heads up - might need 6.0.29 soon

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 07/16/2010 01:15 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 16.07.2010 12:30, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> Ok cool I am OK to release starting next week (Monday?), if you are fast
>>> in voting and we don't add too many new patches during the week-end.
>>
>> Patch applied along with a couple of others that had the votes.
>>
>> There are some other patches it would be nice to have the votes for, but
>> this fix needs to take priority so from my point of view, ready when you
>> are.
>
> I just committed to already approved changes to the loaders (one from
> me, one from Konstantin). No plans for more changes to 6.0.29 on my side.

Ok I will tag and propose the VOTE tomorrow so we can release on Monday.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: Heads up - might need 6.0.29 soon

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 16.07.2010 12:30, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 16/07/2010 08:20, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> On 07/15/2010 11:10 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> It looks like we have a regression in the cookie handling. Invalidating
>>> the session and then requesting a new session results in a mal-formed
>>> header (in trunk) and I have seen similar reports from one of our
>>> support customers on 6.0.28.
>>>
>>> I have a test case and am working on this now.
>>
>> Ok cool I am OK to release starting next week (Monday?), if you are fast
>> in voting and we don't add too many new patches during the week-end.
>
> Patch applied along with a couple of others that had the votes.
>
> There are some other patches it would be nice to have the votes for, but
> this fix needs to take priority so from my point of view, ready when you
> are.

I just committed to already approved changes to the loaders (one from
me, one from Konstantin). No plans for more changes to 6.0.29 on my side.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Heads up - might need 6.0.29 soon

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.