Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by James Dornan <ja...@Catch22.com> on 1997/12/15 21:24:14 UTC

Problem with 1.3b3

OS: BSDI's BSD OS 3.0
HTTPD: Apache 1.3b3

The setup: One host and three vhosts.

The problem is that the first vhost in httpd.conf comes up when the main host
should. The info module output when going to http://www.mainhost.com/info
shows a ServerName entry for the first vhost and not the main host. Is this a
known problem?

-- james

Re: Problem with 1.3b3

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Ah ok now that I've seen your config files and whatnot and I wake up I
realise what's up.  This is expected behaviour.  The main server cannot be
a name-vhost.  It's essentially the same as a default server.  Add a vhost
which matches the name that you want for the main server, and place it
first in the config file.

I haven't dug into Lars' docs yet, if this isn't clear then it should be
made clear.  There is a description of the matching process on the details
page, and it does mention that the main server is only matched based on ip
address, and then only if there's no other match.

Dean