Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2009/10/09 14:23:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Hi,

please vote on a first release of these two artifacts:

Apache Cocoon Serializers Charsets 1.0.0
http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-charsets/1.0.0/

and

Apache Cocoon Serializers Block 1.0.0
http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-impl/1.0.0/

The first artifact is a general purpose library with the basic code for
the serializers. The block uses this lib to add some new serializers to
Cocoon.

Please cast your votes.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by Alfred Nathaniel <an...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 14:23 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Please cast your votes.

+1

Cheers, Alfred.

Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> please vote on a first release of these two artifacts:
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Charsets 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-charsets/1.0.0/
>
> and
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Block 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-impl/1.0.0/

+1

I look forward to the addition of this block though I wonder what sort
of confusion will arise when users start talking about the 'HTMLSerializer'!

Do they mean:
  org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer
<http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/HTMLSerializer.html>
or maybe:
  org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.HTMLSerializer

I updated the old HTMLSerializer document page [1] and mentioned that
two implementations exist.  The same will need doing for the new
serializers.

[1]
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g1/g2/g4/Serializer/896.html

Regards,
David Legg

Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 14:23 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please vote on a first release of these two artifacts:
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Charsets 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-charsets/1.0.0/
>
> and
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Block 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-impl/1.0.0/
>
> The first artifact is a general purpose library with the basic code for
> the serializers. The block uses this lib to add some new serializers to
> Cocoon.
>
> Please cast your votes.

+1

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Is the code that uses the HTTPRequest of any use (see
> EncodingSerializer#include)?

Yes, this code can be used to include any (usuable non xhtml output)
into the response without sending it through the pipeline.

This is used (or would be used) for example by the cocoon portal to
include portlet output directly into the response without requiring to
transform the html output to xhtml just to get it through the pipeline.

Carsten

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

[c3] Encoding serializers for Cocoon 3

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> The vote to release
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Charsets 1.0.0
> and
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Block 1.0.0
>

> passed successfully with six +1 votes from:
> Carsten Ziegeler
> Felix Knecht
> Reinhard Pötz
> David Legg
> Thorsten Scherler
> Alfred Nathaniel
>
> I'll upload the artifacts asap.
>
> Thanks for voting!

Thanks for the release!

I've implemented (and just committed) Cocoon 3 serializers based on the
EncodingSerializer for HTML, XHTML and XML, more or less what the
cocoon-serializers block of 2.2 provides.

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> The vote to release
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Charsets 1.0.0
> and
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Block 1.0.0
>

> passed successfully with six +1 votes from:
> Carsten Ziegeler
> Felix Knecht
> Reinhard Pötz
> David Legg
> Thorsten Scherler
> Alfred Nathaniel

Just to clarify, from the above six votes only five votes are binding.
My vote is non-binding.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

[VOTE RESULT] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please vote on a first release of these two artifacts:
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Charsets 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-charsets/1.0.0/
>
> and
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Block 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-impl/1.0.0/
>
> The first artifact is a general purpose library with the basic code for
> the serializers. The block uses this lib to add some new serializers to
> Cocoon.
>
> Please cast your votes.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten
--