Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "tijoriwala.ritesh" <ti...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/26 00:32:54 UTC

How does node failure detection work in Cassandra?

Hi,
I would like to know internals of how does node failure detection work in
Cassandra? And in absence of any network partition, do all nodes see the
same view of live nodes? Is there a concept of Coordinator/Election? If yes,
how is merge handled after network partition heals?

thanks,
Ritesh

Re: How does node failure detection work in Cassandra?

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

http://bit.ly/phi_accrual

> Is there a concept of Coordinator/Election?

No.

-Brandon