Posted to user@spark.apache.org by xweb <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 00:35:26 UTC

Spark Streaming Latency in practice

What kind of latency are people in achieving in production using spark
streaming? Is it in 1 second+ range. or have people been able to achieve
latency in say 250 ms range.

Any best practices on achieving sub second latency if even possible?

Re: Spark Streaming Latency in practice

Posted by Ilya Ganelin <il...@gmail.com>.
Others feel free to chime in here, the recommendation I've seen is to not
reduce the batch size below 500ms since the Spark machinery gets in the way
below that point.

If you're looking for latency at the millisecond scale then I'd recommend
checking out Apache Apex, Storm, and Flink. All of those are capable of
single digit millisecond processing.