Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Terry McGuire <tm...@ualberta.ca> on 2011/10/06 17:06:44 UTC

ESXi 5.0?

Hello VCL folks.  I'm considering using VMware ESXi 5.0 (the free version) for a new VCL system I'm setting up, but I'm wondering if there have been changes since 4.1 that will break VCL.  Has anyone actually tried this?  If so, what have you found?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,
Terry McGuire

Re: ESXi 5.0?

Posted by Terry McGuire <tm...@ualberta.ca>.
Great, thanks!  Though, this all may be moot.  We're considering 5.0 because 4.1 is biting us with its max 6 cores per socket limit (and the nifty new box I've got has 8 cores/socket).  Problem now may be that 5.0 seems to be limited to 32GB aggregate memory for all VMs, which is a bummer as we've got way more than that in the box.

The KVM module for VCL can't come soon enough!

That said, thanks again for the info.

Terry

Re: ESXi 5.0?

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.