Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by vibright <vi...@126.com> on 2007/11/08 08:58:23 UTC

POP3 login failed with MS Outlook? telnet 4555, login failed

Hello!!

   I've set the config.xml and add users.

   However, when I use telnet 4555, I can login with the 'root' 'root', but I can not
login with other accounts I created to mydomain.com, error msg is 'login failed for myaccount'.

   When I use Outlook, Outlook say that 'pop3 login failed'.

   What's the problem? I haven't verify the integrity of my james. I don't know how to
verify my james integrity with the .asc file downloaded on windows.
   Or any configuration problem..?

   My pop3 can receive emails however.

   Thanks
   vibright@126.com

Re: POP3 login failed with MS Outlook? telnet 4555, login failed

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
POP3 is on port 110

4555 is the RemoteManager console and you can only use the RemoteManager
user there (root/root or anything else defined in your configuration file).

Outlook supports POP3 and not RemoteManager protocol.
Simply don't specify any port, and make sure you enabled the pop3service
on the standard port 110.

Stefano