Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Gold, Jack L (US SSA)" <ja...@baesystems.com> on 2008/09/10 15:35:57 UTC

echo samples with Axis2/C Module for Apache2

I am going through the manual and attempting the tests indicated for
checking the Apache Axis2/C Module.  The test suggests typing >echo
http://localhost/axis2/services/echo at the command prompt.
Unfortunately, this only serves to submit
"http://localhost/axis2/services/echo" back to the console.  I verified
that my http server is running and I receive the Deployed Services page
when I set my browser to http://localhost/axis2/services, but I don't
have any axis2.log file in my suggested log directory and I can't seem
to test any of the sample services through Apache http server.  I also
verified that I am not receiving any crash message in my Apache2 log
file, so I'm pretty sure the mod_axis2 is still functioning.  Any
suggestions as to how I can A) test the samples through the Apache
module and B) verify that the Axis log file is being written to the
correct place?  Any help would be appreciated.

Jack Gold

BAE SYSTEMS

450 Pulaski Rd.

MS - 01-59

Greenlawn, NY 11740

ph: (631) 262-8354

jack.gold@baesystems.com

<ma...@baesystems.com>

Re: echo samples with Axis2/C Module for Apache2

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
>From your description it is hard to figure out what went wrong. It seems
that everything is correct. Can you please send the client log file?

Supun..

--
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: echo samples with Axis2/C Module for Apache2

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 09:35 -0400, Gold, Jack L (US SSA) wrote:
> I am going through the manual and attempting the tests indicated for
> checking the Apache Axis2/C Module.  The test suggests typing >echo
> http://localhost/axis2/services/echo at the command prompt.
> Unfortunately, this only serves to submit
> “http://localhost/axis2/services/echo” back to the console.  I
> verified that my http server is running and I receive the Deployed
> Services page when I set my browser to
> http://localhost/axis2/services, but I don’t have any axis2.log file
> in my suggested log directory and I can’t seem to test any of the
> sample services through Apache http server.  I also verified that I am
> not receiving any crash message in my Apache2 log file, so I’m pretty
> sure the mod_axis2 is still functioning.  Any suggestions as to how I
> can A) test the samples through the Apache module and B) verify that
> the Axis log file is being written to the correct place?

Check whether the log level is debug. If it is crit then set it to debug
and see.