Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by basukalaramesh <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/17 23:07:23 UTC

JetExpress error

Hello friends,

while going through the jetexpress tutorial, everything seems to be ok. It
also doesnt show any error in toncat startup. But while I am trying to
access URL http://blitz-v2.sys.cu.cait.org:8080/jetexpress/portal it sives
the following error message.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Fatal error encountered while processing
portal request: org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException: Falied to
create capabilitied:  We were unable to build a capability map for the
agent, Mozilla/4.0.  This might be an indiciation that the capability
database has not been correctly initialized.
	org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.doGet(JetspeedServlet.java:250)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

root cause

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException: Falied to create
capabilitied:  We were unable to build a capability map for the agent,
Mozilla/4.0.  This might be an indiciation that the capability database has
not been correctly initialized.

org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.impl.CapabilityValveImpl.invoke(CapabilityValveImpl.java:71)

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:166)

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invoke(JetspeedPipeline.java:145)
	org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.service(JetspeedEngine.java:214)
	org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.doGet(JetspeedServlet.java:241)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

root cause

org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.UnableToBuildCapabilityMapException: We
were unable to build a capability map for the agent, Mozilla/4.0.  This
might be an indiciation that the capability database has not been correctly
initialized.

org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.impl.JetspeedCapabilities.getCapabilityMap(JetspeedCapabilities.java:264)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:318)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:203)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:162)

org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:185)

org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:209)
	$Proxy0.getCapabilityMap(Unknown Source)

org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.impl.CapabilityValveImpl.invoke(CapabilityValveImpl.java:67)

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:166)

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invoke(JetspeedPipeline.java:145)
	org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.service(JetspeedEngine.java:214)
	org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.doGet(JetspeedServlet.java:241)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.23 logs.

RE: JetExpress error

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM>.
Where in the tutorial are you?

The command "mvn -P tomcat,min" shown on this page should initilise the
DB for you:
http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2/01/build-it.html

Plus, you have to make sure you've the right settings in your
settings.xml.

Mick

Posted by basukalaramesh <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mick

RE: JetExpress error

Posted by basukalaramesh <ba...@gmail.com>.
Can anybody please tell me how can i intialize derby database for jetexpress.

Can you pls look at this log message in tomcat and tell me if it has got any
problem in configuration:
ul 19, 2007 10:55:32 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in
production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
/usr/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/lib/i386/client:/usr/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/lib/i386:/usr/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/../lib/i386
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:32 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:32 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 527 ms
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:32 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:32 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:32 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:34 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDescriptor
WARNING: A docBase /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/jetspeed inside
the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:34 AM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm
setUseContextClassLoader
INFO: Setting useContextClassLoader = false
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:34 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
validateSecurityRoles
WARNING: Security role name portal-user used in an <auth-constraint> without
being defined in a <security-role>
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:34 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
validateSecurityRoles
WARNING: Security role name admin used in an <auth-constraint> without being
defined in a <security-role>
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:40 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:40 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:40 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/56  config=null
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:40 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
Jul 19, 2007 10:55:40 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 8344 ms

RE: JetExpress error

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM>.