Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2010/06/01 11:49:04 UTC

Re: [VOTE] SCA Java 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 1

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM, kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the Tuscany SCA Java 2.0 Milestone 5
>

> The tag for the release candidate is:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/tags/2.0-M5-RC1/
>
> the Maven staging repository is:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sca-java/2.0-M5/RC1/maven
>
> the release artifacts and rat reports are at
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sca-java/2.0-M5/RC1/
>
> Kelvin.

Hi Kelvin

I'm having some problems downloading the bin zip file (src zip worked
fine). It came down corrupted the first time so am trying again. I'll
let you know.

However to check it out I wanted to verify the signatures so looked to
re-import the Tuscany KEYS file. I see a key with you name in [1] and
[2] but it doesn't verify the artifacts.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/tuscany/KEYS
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/KEYS

Simon

Re: [VOTE] SCA Java 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM, kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
> I re-uploaded the binary zip archive (it had been truncated at 65M
> during upload), and the md5 produced locally matches the one produced
> on the server now :)
>
> Kelvin.
>
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM, kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
>> Hi Simon
>>
>> file [2] has 2 keys for me, one near the start of the file and one
>> near the end (Kelvin Goodson (Code Signing Key 2)
>> <kelvingoodson@apache.org).  I used the latter to sign with. I hadn't
>> realised there were 2 places to update signatures.  I'll fix that.
>>
>> Kelvin.

>>> Hi Kelvin
>>>
>>> I'm having some problems downloading the bin zip file (src zip worked
>>> fine). It came down corrupted the first time so am trying again. I'll
>>> let you know.
>>>
>>> However to check it out I wanted to verify the signatures so looked to
>>> re-import the Tuscany KEYS file. I see a key with you name in [1] and
>>> [2] but it doesn't verify the artifacts.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dist/tuscany/KEYS
>>> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/KEYS
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>
>>> --
>>> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
>>> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com

apache-tuscany-sca-all-2.0-M5.zip
   INSTALL
      doesn't mention /lib folder - TUSCANY-3568
   RELEASE_NOTES
      the line "SCA Client & Implementation: Spring" doesn't have a
version number after it. The other lines do?

   samples
      README
           I realize that the sample layout for the old style samples
refers to a sample we have removed
           We can change to calculator-osgi
      General comment
           Some of the new launchers refer to classes and some refer
to jar. For next release we should make them refer to jars as we ship
those
      dosgi-calculator*
           fail with
                  SEVERE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/xml/transform/stream/StreamSource
                  java.lang.IllegalStateException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/trans
                  form/stream/StreamSource
     helloworld-ws-sdo
           doesn't work either with ant or mvn
    store
           doesn't compile or run from ant
           mvn fails looking for the features
   store-webapp
          mvn fails looking for the features
   webapp
         helloworld-servlet
              mvn failed looking for
                   org.apache.tuscany.sca.shades:tuscany-base-nodep:jar:2.0-M5

Maven resources
    lacking features and shades artifacts
    apart from that the rest of the deployed RC1 artifacts seemed to
be coming down OK.

So work to do to get the sample build straight and I'd like to take a
look at the OSGi samples that fail as they worked in M4 AFAIK.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] SCA Java 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 1

Posted by kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk>.
Hi Simon

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM, kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
>>> Please vote on releasing the Tuscany SCA Java 2.0 Milestone 5
>>>

>>> The tag for the release candidate is:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/tags/2.0-M5-RC1/
>>>
>>> the Maven staging repository is:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sca-java/2.0-M5/RC1/maven
>>>
>>> the release artifacts and rat reports are at
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sca-java/2.0-M5/RC1/
>>>
>>> Kelvin.
>>>

>> Hi Kelvin
>>
>> I'm having some problems downloading the bin zip file (src zip worked
>> fine). It came down corrupted the first time so am trying again. I'll
>> let you know.
>>
>> However to check it out I wanted to verify the signatures so looked to
>> re-import the Tuscany KEYS file. I see a key with you name in [1] and
>> [2] but it doesn't verify the artifacts.
>>
>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dist/tuscany/KEYS
>> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/KEYS
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> --
>> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
>> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com
>>

> I've downloaded the bin zip twice and can't open it. Can you check it
> out for me Kelvin?
>
> Simon
>
> --
> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com

Reviewing so far.

rat.bin.txt
   quite a lot of /target/equinox/org.eclipse.osgi included. Was this
run off a clean unzip of the bin archive?
   other than that looks OK

rat.src.txt
   There are a couple of package.html files that could do with headers
but not a blocker
   other than that looks OK

apache-tuscany-sca-all-2.0-M5-src.zip
   compile with clean mvn repo was good

I'll look at the bin artifact when you upload a new one.

Regards

Simon

Re: [VOTE] SCA Java 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk>.
Hi Simon

 sorry, there's a flaw in my process.  Because the FCIV tool I use for
md5s doesn't produce the right format of md5 file I created the md5
files on the server.  I won't do that again as it presupposes the
upload worked properly. :(     The .tar.gz file appears OK, can you
try with that?)