Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bejaoui zied <be...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/20 19:54:19 UTC

Live data update coming from a server

Hi guys,

I have a general enquiry and hope that you will be able to help me.

I would like to build an application that receive date from a server and update it in the users interface, data will be sent frequentley and has to be updated in real time.

Is it ok ti use struts for this application?

And any idea about a genral method for implemeting this.

ZIED BEJAOUI
Tel: 0044(0)7506628905

A la recherche de bons plans pour une rentrée pas chère ? Bing ! Trouvez !
http://www.bing.com/search?q=bons+plans+rentr%C3%A9e&form=MVDE6

Re: Live data update coming from a server

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zied,
if that's just one and only thing that this app will be doing i
wouldn't choose struts for this task,
i would use swing or swt. And that's because struts is based on http
protocol which is made for downloading data from server only when
client wants it, i'm not claiming that this can't be done, with ajax
or so called comet but i would use swing or swt for this task.
Of course if your app have more to do or to conform with it might be
reasonable to use struts.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.