Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Fabrice Mirabile <f....@free.fr> on 2004/07/19 12:12:59 UTC

Multiple xml input

Hi,

I'm using xalanJ within a jsp to transform xml into svg or xhtml. i would
like to know how to make a transformation from multiple xml input.

xml1    xsl
xml2   -----> Output
xml3

thankx in advance.
fabrice

Re: Multiple xml input

Posted by Oleg Dulin <ol...@configurecode.com>.
Here is the trick:

1) Create an XML file that contains a list of files you want to use as
input:

<list>
   <file>foo.xml</file>
</list>

2) Write an XSL that is applied to the file from (1) and uses
document(...) function to load files referenced in file tags.

I have it blogged at http://www.olegdulin.com/index.php?p=100&c=1

Oleg