Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2002/09/23 18:39:11 UTC

[AUTH-FRAMEWORK] Session in xsp.

Can I use session variables into a XSP? I cannot reach it only trought a
transformation. How I must declare the name space to use it in XSP since

<xsp:page
        xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0"
create-session="true"
        xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">

does not work.

Currently I need to use:

	xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0"

and then make a transformation before the use: for example (sitemap):

<!-- Welcome page - Protected -->
      <map:match pattern="welcome">
        <map:act type="auth-protect">
		    <map:parameter name="handler" value="myhandler"/>
            <map:generate src="docs/welcome.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
            <map:transform type="session"/>
				           ^^^^^^
				-> The transform needed currently :(
        </map:act>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/mystyle.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>

Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [AUTH-FRAMEWORK] Session in xsp.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Antonio Gallardo Rivera wrote:

>Thanks for the info Vadim.
>
>I am using 2.1-CVS. I read it and currently I am working on the
>auth-framework. The question is that we cannot access to
>
><session:getxml> from the called "session" transformer using XSP. IT does not
>work. I know there is a bug that prevent the use of 2 pipelines to make a
>little workaround. Then is Cocoon will continue featuring XSP, we need a way
>to use the <session:getxml> to get the values we stored there from a XSP.
>
>I am just trying to help in this XSP issue. All your comments are welcome. I
>am juat a newbie trying to make use of Cocoon. Like a Cocoon guru all your
>comments are always welcome to me. Thanks for help me to understand the
>Cocoon way. I believe in Cocoon. But currently I dont know if I get the right
>way using XSP. :-/ What do you think?

I'm aware of this limitation of XSP / session transformer. In Cocoon, we
have xscript logicsheet and session transformer which provide somewhat
similar functionality but do not allow sharing of data between them. It
is on TODO list to make these two parts play well together. It involves
changes in how xscript's variables are represented in memory, and may be
some changes to sessions transformer on way how it stores "session
contexts".

I'm confident we will fix this issue, sooner or later, it just always
matter of time.

Vadim

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Thanks for the info Vadim.