Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/04/27 20:39:41 UTC

QueryElevationComponent and StrField

Could the QueryElevationComponent be relaxed a bit to allow some other field types?

For instance, what about UUID or Int?  What's the motivation for StrField only?  I can understand we can't have analyzed field types, but seems like some others should be OK, right?

-Grant

Re: QueryElevationComponent and StrField

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Could the QueryElevationComponent be relaxed a bit to allow some other field types?
>
> For instance, what about UUID or Int?  What's the motivation for StrField only?  I can understand we can't have analyzed field types, but seems like some others should be OK, right?

IIRC there was a bug if the internal (indexed) and external (readable)
representations weren't the same.  This should be fixed, and then the
restriction removed.

-Yonik
Apache Lucene Eurocon 2010
18-21 May 2010 | Prague