Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Justin Shen <ju...@outlook.com> on 2018/04/09 10:17:04 UTC

Issues building Atlas

I am trying to follow the “Build & Install” guide and encountered the following error when building the project:

Non-resolvable parent POM for org.apache.atlas:atlas-migration-exporter:[unknown-version]: Could not find artifact org.apache.atlas:apache-atlas:pom:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 24, column 13 -> [Help 2]

Modify the POM of atlas_:atlas-migration-exporter to add a relativePath seems solve the problem:

<parent>
        <groupId>org.apache.atlas</groupId>
        <artifactId>apache-atlas</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <relativePath>../../pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

Is this required? Should the code be changed? Or is there any settings.xml that I should use?

Thx, -Justin

Re: Issues building Atlas

Posted by Ashutosh Mestry <am...@hortonworks.com>.
You are right. I will commit the fix soon.

~ ashutosh
Ashutosh Mestry <ma...@hortonworks.com> . Staff Software Engineer . Hortonworks, Inc. .  +1-310-988 0670 <tel:%2B1-310-988%200670>
No hurry, no pause. – Tim Ferriss, Life Hacker, Author

On 4/9/18, 3:26 AM, "Nixon Rodrigues" <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com> wrote:

    Justin,

    Can you over below suggestion from Madhan on this issue?

    *Ashutosh – this might require addition of ‘relativePath’ in
    tools/atlas-migration-exporter/pom.xml, as shown below. Can you please
    review and update?*

    *    <parent>*

    *        <groupId>org.apache.atlas</groupId>*

    *        <artifactId>apache-atlas</artifactId>*

    *        <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>*

    *        <relativePath>../../</relativePath>*

    *    </parent>*

    *Thanks,*

    *Madhan*

答复: Issues building Atlas

Posted by Justin Shen <ju...@outlook.com>.
Some further digging into the issue and found that the current code builds successfully with maven 3.5.2 without the need to specify the relativePath and it breaks on 3.5.3 and requires the relativePath. Seems maven has some changes to how it searches parents.

Nixon pointed out that there is another thread in the user mailing list on the same topic, which I missed previously. Sorry for the duplication.

Thx, -Justin

________________________________
������: Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>
����ʱ��: Monday, April 9, 2018 6:26:38 PM
�ռ���: dev@atlas.apache.org
����: Re: Issues building Atlas

Justin,

Can you over below suggestion from Madhan on this issue?

*Ashutosh �C this might require addition of ��relativePath�� in

Re: 答复: Issues building Atlas

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
Justin,

Please find the thread, it's in user mailing list.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/atlas-user/201804.mbox/browser

Nixon

Re: Issues building Atlas

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.