Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/11/16 16:13:25 UTC

Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Hi,

according to <http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#graphics> our
logos should contain small "TM" symbols.  You really don't want me to
enter the graphics department - and I won't.

We have three ant_logo_*.gif files in
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/docs/images/> but I'm
afraid the _small and _medium files aren't any good since they don't
even contain "Apache".  The _medium one could be turned into the
equivalent of a "powered by" logo.

Inside the same directory there also is project-logo.gif which needs to
get the "TM" treatment.

The alternative would be to put &trade;s next to the logos on all pages,
but having this as part of the logo would likely be the preferred
option.

Conor, Bruce, Dominique or Steve (or who else has been around in 2002)
do you still have a vector format version of the logo around?  Christoph
Wilhelms may have, I could ping him if nobody else can find it.

Stefan

Re: Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 02:13, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Conor, Bruce, Dominique or Steve (or who else has been around in 2002)
> do you still have a vector format version of the logo around?  Christoph
> Wilhelms may have, I could ping him if nobody else can find it.

If it's not in svn then I don't have a copy since I've moved machines
quite a few times since those days.

I'll have a hunt around

Conor

Re: AW: Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@famkruithof.net>.
On 17-11-2010 18:21, Jan Matèrne wrote:
> Does anybody have a correct Apache logo (with the "tm")?
> I haven't found any for using as "inspiration" ...
>
> Jan

Oh irony, not even the page having the instruction has a small TM in the
logo.
Well I've given it a try (using paint).

AW: Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Posted by Jan Matèrne <ap...@materne.de>.

Re: Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Conor, Bruce, Dominique or Steve (or who else has been around in 2002)
> do you still have a vector format version of the logo around?  Christoph
> Wilhelms may have, I could ping him if nobody else can find it.

Sorry Stefan, I think this was before I got into Ant.
Note also that my "graphic designer" skills are limited to MS Paint ;) --DD

Re: Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-17, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2010-11-17, Bruce Atherton wrote:

>> I'd have to go back in the archives, but I have a pretty clear
>> recollection that while we had asked for a vector format for the logo
>> after the contest winner was announced, none was available.

> Quite possible, I don't find one in my own archives.

Thank you for checking, Bruce - yes it's been a very long time.

Stefan

Re: Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-17, Bruce Atherton wrote:

> I'd have to go back in the archives, but I have a pretty clear
> recollection that while we had asked for a vector format for the logo
> after the contest winner was announced, none was available.

Quite possible, I don't find one in my own archives.

> I don't recall whether that was because we never got a response from
> Nick Wood or because the vector format had not been saved.

s/Wood/King/

Stefan

Re: Can Anybody Fix our Logos?

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
I'd have to go back in the archives, but I have a pretty clear
recollection that while we had asked for a vector format for the logo
after the contest winner was announced, none was available. I don't
recall whether that was because we never got a response from Nick Wood
or because the vector format had not been saved.

Christoph had a scalable version which is how we got the logos we have
now, but not in vector format. I don't recall ever seeing the scalable
form of the logo, myself.

That's my memory of it, anyway. It was a long time ago.