Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Greenhorn Techie <gr...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/18 11:24:57 UTC

HiveServer2 requests distribution

Hi,

We have our hive setup in a HA mode i.e. multiple HiveServer2 instances.
However, we believe the performance is not tuned properly and thinking
whether the requests are being skewed to only one or two hive servers
instead of being distributed across all the available HS2 instances.
Wondering if there is a mechanism to check how many requests have been
served by each HS2 instance. Any idea how to check this metric?

Thanks

Re: HiveServer2 requests distribution

Posted by Johannes Alberti <jo...@altiscale.com>.
You should be able to see this when enabling metrics, these are to my knowledge per instance metrics.

See also https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+Metrics

Sent from my iPhone