Posted to users@camel.apache.org by xuhb <xu...@tongtech.com> on 2012/01/17 08:32:03 UTC

Simplify the usage of Camel Header?

Hi:
    while using camel , we find the camel header has serveral kinds of usage:
    1) control camel component's logical: etc: "CamelBeanMethodName" controlling BeanProcessor
    2) control/descript protocol endpoint action: "operationName" of CamelCXF descript/control of cxf endpoint's operation; "CamelHttpMethod" descript/control jetty/http endpoint's method;
    3) protocol data:  jms header, http header, soap-header.

    In a words camel message's header can store data which intercharged between different extenrn system,  also store some information for controlling or descripion of  the camel component's natural;

    How could we distinguish them easily to avoid treating the controlling headers as protocol data  unconsciously?

    Although HeaderFilterStrategy can works, but it's not easy for the end-user if the they doesn't examine every component they used carefully;

    I think camel is always committed to simplify the end-user's usage as possible as it can, so have anyone ideas or is there any existing ways of camel can simplify the problem? Should some of controlling information be moved from header to  property?