Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by samiam80304 <sc...@comcast.net> on 2008/12/02 18:47:26 UTC

Installing Apache FOP on Shared Servers

Hello,
I contacted my web hosting service and asked them to install Apache FOP.
They informed me that they could not "because the configureation setting
required for this is likely to break the other accounts on the shared
server".  I am definitely NO expert, but when I look at
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/configuration.html, I do not see
where there is a setting that would upset other apache users.  Can anybody
give me solid advice about this?  If it is not possible to install FOP in
this case, why?  If it is, can you give me specific information to pass on
to my hosting service?  OR, is it something I can install in my own
directories with impact to the rest of the server?
Thanks.

Re: Installing Apache FOP on Shared Servers

Posted by Philipp Wagner <li...@philipp-wagner.com>.
Hi,

samiam80304 schrieb:
> OR, is it something I can install in my own
> directories with impact to the rest of the server?

Simply install a Java Runtime and FOP inside a local directory and adapt
the "fop" script so that it finds the right JRE.

Philipp