Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Vash_X@gmx.de" <Va...@gmx.de> on 2022/10/14 18:28:05 UTC

Database size is growing rapidly

Hi everyone,

we currently are faceing a strange behaviour with our database on
CS4.17.0.1. with roughly 20 user vm's. So a really 'small' setup.

Looking up the tables and data generated we found that:
Table 'vm_stats' currently is holding 130k rows of data. In the last 24h we
have 20.000 new entries, equivalent a groth of 10MByte.
Table 'op_it_work' has 11k rows
Table 'op_dc_link_local_ip_address_aloc' has roughly 65k rows

which know sums up to 50MB database size instead of 7MB which was roughly
the size during the last months for the DB.

So the question here would be, if this is concidered 'normal'?
Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour before?
We are seeing first slow downs in the GUI, as gathering the last status
data for the VMs to be displayed takes quiet a lot of thime.

Regards,
Chris

Re: Database size is growing rapidly

Posted by "Vash_X@gmx.de" <Va...@gmx.de>.
Brief update:

Old saying seems to work at any occasion: After restarting the management
service, the databases getting back to normal and cleaned themselfes.

Regards,
Chris