Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by "Davydenko, Denis" <dz...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/12 19:15:58 UTC

Call for participation: evaluate Java API

Not so long ago there was a design shared for MXNet Java API: [1]

In a couple of days we are going to have initial version of its implementation. We are looking for users who would like to get this initial version and evaluate how well it suits their use cases or just play around with it and provide feedback on its usability and performance. This initial version includes:
	- Predictor
	- ObjectDetector
	- NDArray, Context, Shape, DataDesc
	- Reference implementation of SSD

If you or someone you know is interested - please do not hesitate to reach out!

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/MXNet+Java+Inference+API

Re: Call for participation: evaluate Java API

Posted by "Davydenko, Denis" <dd...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
"Yes" to both questions.

There are several community members currently working on creating documents for Java API. The plan is to have drafts ready by 10/22. In terms of playing around, please feel free to build from source code (https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/java-api) or you can get prebuilt jar file from these locations:

CPU: https://s3.amazonaws.com/mxnet-java-alpha/mxnet-full_2.11-linux-x86_64-cpu-1.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
GPU: https://s3.amazonaws.com/mxnet-java-alpha/mxnet-full_2.11-linux-x86_64-gpu-1.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Looking forward to get feedback!

Denis

On 10/16/18, 2:02 PM, "Roshani Nagmote" <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Java APi SSD example code seems to be in this PR

    Roshani

Posted by Roshani Nagmote <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Larroy <pe...@gmail.com>.