Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> on 2009/06/23 16:27:22 UTC

Non-tranistive ZIPs

Hi folks,

is there any way to change the transitive behaviour of ZIPs to
non-transitive? I tried to use Maven's extension mechanism with a jar
containing a component descriptor for zip files, where the
includesDependencies paremeter is set to true, but it seems to be ignored.

Any hints?

- Jörg

Re: Non-tranistive ZIPs

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Brian,

Brian Fox wrote at Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009 17:07:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Jörg Schaible<jo...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> is there any way to change the transitive behaviour of ZIPs to
>> non-transitive? I tried to use Maven's extension mechanism with a jar
>> containing a component descriptor for zip files, where the
>> includesDependencies paremeter is set to true, but it seems to be
>> ignored.
>>
>> Any hints?
>
> The transitivity of a given artifact is controlled by the
> artifactHandler, so you would need to introduce a new  impl (probably
> as an extension) to flip that value to false.

no, it is as I said, the transitivity is controlled by a property of the
DefaultArtifactHandler. Look in Maven's global component.xml, it uses it
also for e.g. jar and ear.

And just for the records: In the end I got it working. I have now a jar with
a component.xml declaring a zip component and add this as extension to the
POM. However, for every plugin that have to respect this changed behaviour,
I have to set the extensions flag to true also.

- Jörg

Re: Non-tranistive ZIPs

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.