Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Richard Tomlinson <Ri...@t-mobile.co.uk> on 2003/09/30 15:50:22 UTC

Multi modules, html:link and module support

Having had a quick browse through the bugs and archives I get the impression that the issue of module support has been fully addressed in some situations.

The html:link tag, as it stands, is not module aware.  If you want to switch to an alternative module you need to implement a context relative global forward.  This is quite clumsy when there are many links to contend with.

It also appears that the RequestUtils computeURL() methods are not multi-module aware, simply taking the current module as the default.

Has anyone progressed multi-module support any further for 1.2, particularly addressing the problem in a consistant way?

I'm converting a large site with 107 modules and I would like to assist with fixing module support to facilitate easier development.

Regards
Richard Tomlinson.