Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vadim Chekan <vc...@cox.net> on 2008/11/12 09:12:32 UTC

antlr: how to?

Hi all,
I'm trying to add antlr grammar to a project that uses maven.
I've found antlr-maven-plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/antlr3-maven-plugin/index.html

and I'm able to trigger code generation from maven now but this plugin
uses antlr-3.0.1 where antlr-3.1.1 already exist. My java code generated
by the old antlr does not compile.

Is there a way to run antlr directly and bypassing plugin? Can I just
set compile-time dependency in pom and write a call to generate java
code from the grammar? With command line interface please, because I do
not need any of the functionality provided by the plugin, such as
topological sorting 2 files :)

Thanks,
Vadim