Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de> on 2015/07/11 01:31:55 UTC

Failing tests

Hi,

I hit two failing tests recently. The first once
(flink-streaming-examples), failed a single time (see
https://travis-ci.org/mjsax/flink/jobs/70396872)

> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 17.057 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.flink.streaming.test.exampleJavaPrograms.iteration.IterateExampleITCase
>
> testJobWithoutObjectReuse(org.apache.flink.streaming.test.exampleJavaPrograms.iteration.IterateExampleITCase) Time elapsed: 16.34 sec <<< FAILURE!
>
> java.lang.AssertionError: Different number of lines in expected and obtained result. expected:<18> but was:<0>
>
> at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
>
> at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:743)
>
> at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:118)
>
> at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:555)
>
> at org.apache.flink.test.util.TestBaseUtils.compareResultsByLinesInMemory(TestBaseUtils.java:272)
>
> at org.apache.flink.test.util.TestBaseUtils.compareResultsByLinesInMemory(TestBaseUtils.java:258)
>
> at org.apache.flink.streaming.test.exampleJavaPrograms.iteration.IterateExampleITCase.postSubmit(IterateExampleITCase.java:38)
>
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.827 sec - in org.apache.flink.streaming.test.exampleScalaPrograms.join.WindowJoinITCase
>
> Results :
>
> Failed tests:
>
> IterateExampleITCase>StreamingProgramTestBase.testJobWithoutObjectReuse:109->postSubmit:38->TestBaseUtils.compareResultsByLinesInMemory:258->TestBaseUtils.compareResultsByLinesInMemory:272 Different number of lines in expected and obtained result. expected:<18> but was:<0>

The second one (flink-tests), failed multiple times:
  - https://travis-ci.org/apache/flink/builds/70397048
  - https://travis-ci.org/mjsax/flink/jobs/70432777
  - https://travis-ci.org/mjsax/flink/jobs/70432616
  - https://travis-ci.org/mjsax/flink/jobs/70386808

> Failed tests:
>
> ProcessFailureStreamingRecoveryITCase>AbstractProcessFailureRecoveryTest.testTaskManagerProcessFailure:198 The program encountered a ProgramInvocationException : The program execution failed: Job execution failed.

Any ideas about the one or the other?

-Matthias

Re: Failing tests

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
I think the tests there are known to be a bi flaky.

I agree that this should be a priority to fix. We don't get good
contributor culture, if 4 out of 5 pull request are marked as erroneous for
reasons beyond the actual contribution.