Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Robert Springer <sp...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/17 07:18:20 UTC

Some problems with axis2c (1.6)

Hi,

I have some problems with axis2c, I hope you can help me:
- in http_svr_thread.c when request processing is finished then connection
is closed even if client sent Connection: keep-alive (it may affect
simple_http_svr_conn.c)
- in simple_http_svr_conn.c:axis2_simple_http_svr_conn_read_request(): line
288: I am not sure, but str_line may be freed here
- in http_worker.c:axis2_http_worker_process_request():
accept_header_field_list, accept_charset_record_list and
accept_language_header_list are not freed
- in http_worker.c:axis2_http_worker_process_request(): line 1219, if
fault_ctx is created then it is not freed at the end (it may affect
axis2_msg_ctx.c)
- in http_response_writer.c:axis2_http_response_writer_println_str(): I am
not sure, but in content length the additional AXIS2_HTTP_CRLF is not
counted

Thanks your help in advance, br,

Robert.

Re: Some problems with axis2c (1.6)

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@wso2.com>.
Robert Springer wrote:
> Hi,
>

>         - in http_svr_thread.c when request processing is finished
>         then connection is closed even if client sent Connection:
>         keep-alive (it may affect simple_http_svr_conn.c)
>
>     Keep alive is not supported in stand alone Axis2/C server. It is
>     supported in Axis2/C running as a Apache module.
>

> If i would like to use it and support it: what are the restrictions
> for changing the code? I have modificitaions which are working somehow...
Please create a jira attaching your patch

>         - in
>         simple_http_svr_conn.c:axis2_simple_http_svr_conn_read_request():
>         line 288: I am not sure, but str_line may be freed here
>
>     You may be using a older version, but in current trunk, line 288
>     does not fall within axis2_simple_http_svr_conn_read_request()
>     function. Besided str_line is freed correctly there.
>

> You are right, i checked the "official release" and not the trunk. =>
> Should i use the trunk version instead of 1.6.0?
It is your choice :)  If you want to be updated please use trunk

>         - in http_worker.c:axis2_http_worker_process_request():
>         accept_header_field_list, accept_charset_record_list and
>         accept_language_header_list are not freed
>

>     accept_header_field_list - yes it is not freed.
>     accept_charset_record_list -  freed when message context is freed
>     accept_language_header_field_list - yes it is not freed
>

> Do you plan to put these modifications into the source?
You can also attach a patch for these. Then it would appear in the next
release.

>         - in http_worker.c:axis2_http_worker_process_request(): line
>         1219, if fault_ctx is created then it is not freed at the end
>         (it may affect axis2_msg_ctx.c)
>
>     I'm not sure of the fault path. But in normal path message context
>     is freed when operation context is freed.
>

> According to my "mesurements" in the case of fault it is not freed.
>

>         - in
>         http_response_writer.c:axis2_http_response_writer_println_str():
>         I am not sure, but in content length the additional
>         AXIS2_HTTP_CRLF is not counted
>

> What about this?
I'll look into this and let you know

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Robert Springer <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Robert Springer <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@wso2.com>.
Robert Springer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with axis2c, I hope you can help me:
> - in http_svr_thread.c when request processing is finished then
> connection is closed even if client sent Connection: keep-alive (it
> may affect simple_http_svr_conn.c)
Keep alive is not supported in stand alone Axis2/C server. It is
supported in Axis2/C running as a Apache module.
> - in simple_http_svr_conn.c:axis2_simple_http_svr_conn_read_request():
> line 288: I am not sure, but str_line may be freed here
You may be using a older version, but in current trunk, line 288 does
not fall within axis2_simple_http_svr_conn_read_request() function.
Besided str_line is freed correctly there.
> - in http_worker.c:axis2_http_worker_process_request():
> accept_header_field_list, accept_charset_record_list and
> accept_language_header_list are not freed

accept_header_field_list - yes it is not freed.
accept_charset_record_list -  freed when message context is freed
accept_language_header_field_list - yes it is not freed

> - in http_worker.c:axis2_http_worker_process_request(): line 1219, if
> fault_ctx is created then it is not freed at the end (it may affect
> axis2_msg_ctx.c)
I'm not sure of the fault path. But in normal path message context is
freed when operation context is freed.
> - in http_response_writer.c:axis2_http_response_writer_println_str():
> I am not sure, but in content length the additional AXIS2_HTTP_CRLF is
> not counted
>
> Thanks your help in advance, br,
>
> Robert.

Damitha Kumarage