Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sam Prokop <sp...@4tek.de> on 2001/12/14 12:06:29 UTC

True Type Fonts in Fop

Hi,
i´ve got the following problem,
i did everthing like it is said in http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html,
created metrics etc..

fop says: "Writing 12180 bytes of font data"

But there is still the standard font in my pdf.

i´m using fop 0.20.2.

the entry in the conf/userconfig.xml:

embed-file="C:\WINNT\FONTS\ANTQUAB.TTF">
style="normal" weight="bold"/>
style="normal" weight="bold"/>

this is the beginning of the metrics-file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<embed></embed>
	<cap-height>685</cap-height>
	<x-height>0</x-height>

--
Sam

Re: True Type Fonts in Fop

Posted by Chuck Paussa <Ch...@systems.dhl.com>.
Sam,

What I have found is that, in certain situations, you have to also
install the font in your print manager so that the font can be properly
sent to the printer. It all depends on the software being used to print
the .pdf file. We're printing from Adobe Acrobat® under windows in one
scenario and the font was printing fine. Then, using CUPS under UN*X, we
had to configure the print software so that it too could see the font. I
don't remember if we had to actually install the font, but we had to
tweak the configuration settings so that it would send the font properly
to the printer. The embedded font needs to be sent to the printer and
the printer needs to be properly informed to use the font during the
print. Acrobat® was doing it with the default setup. CUPS wasn't. I was
also able to configure Acrobat® to not print the font but, I don't
remember how I did that.

Chuck

Sam Prokop wrote:

>Hi,
>i´ve got the following problem,
>i did everthing like it is said in http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html,
>created metrics etc..
>
>fop says: "Writing 12180 bytes of font data"
>
>But there is still the standard font in my pdf.
>
>i´m using fop 0.20.2.
>
>the entry in the conf/userconfig.xml:

>embed-file="C:\WINNT\FONTS\ANTQUAB.TTF">
>style="normal" weight="bold"/>
>style="normal" weight="bold"/>
>
>this is the beginning of the metrics-file:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>	<embed></embed>
>	<cap-height>685</cap-height>
>	<x-height>0</x-height>
>
>--
>Sam

Keiron Liddle wrote:

When Fop is creating a PDF file by default it supports all inbuilt pdf
fonts.
ie.
Helvetica
HelveticaOblique
HelveticaBold
HelveticaBoldOblique
TimesRoman
TimesItalic
TimesBold
TimesBoldItalic
Courier
CourierOblique
CourierBold
CourierBoldOblique
Symbol
ZapfDingbats

Re: True Type Fonts in Fop

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
When Fop is creating a PDF file by default it supports all inbuilt pdf
fonts.
ie.
Helvetica
HelveticaOblique
HelveticaBold
HelveticaBoldOblique
TimesRoman
TimesItalic
TimesBold
TimesBoldItalic
Courier
CourierOblique
CourierBold
CourierBoldOblique
Symbol
ZapfDingbats

Obviously it defaults to a particular font. (note: Acrobat may decide to
substitute some fonts)
You can also embed extra fonts if you have the type1 or true type font
file. As Sam Prokop was doing. It may not be working due to some setup
error.

The fonts supported depend on the output format.

The number and type of fonts that are supported is up to the processor.
"the standard" does not specify what fonts should be supported.

Re: True Type Fonts in Fop

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com>.

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com