Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de> on 2012/07/28 17:44:00 UTC

Revisioned Lucene Index

Hello,

I'm currently working on revisioned index structures for a treebased
storage system[1] and I want to provide an index-structure for fulltext
search (more or less on XML text-nodes). Either I'm going to implement a
Radix/PATRICIA-tree or I'm opting for Lucene. I thought about adding a
node <=> Field mapping , that would probably be sufficient as we do not
need a tree-structure in order to support revisioning strategies (full
dump, incremental, differential). However, I guess Lucene uses some kind
of tree-structure itself though perhaps it would be more appropriate to
map these nodes to our "nodes".

Any suggestions?

kind regards,
Johannes

[1] https://github.com/JohannesLichtenberger/sirix

AW: Revisioned Lucene Index

Posted by Lutz Fechner <LF...@hubwoo.com>.
Hi,

Lucene is storing it's data pretty much flat. You have Documents representing a seach result. This Documents are created during the indexing process you have to implement.
For XML data I would recommend to store the Xpath of the indexed data in a field in the lucene documents in order to get the nodes addessed again in the XML tree.

Best Regards

Lutz
...via my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld