Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2021/07/08 18:06:32 UTC

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Hi All,

With no more interest in this subject, and no willing testers, I'll be going ahead tomorrow and move all Maven jobs to ci-maven.apache.org.

Feel free to check after the move and create INFRA jira ticket(s) for anything that breaks as a result.

Gav...

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 10:29 AM Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Our scripts use the labels ubuntu and Windows to distinguish the OS.
> Is it safe to add ubuntu to the maven nodes?
>
> Sure, and done.

thanks,
> Robert
> On 15-7-2021 10:06:37, Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks All,
>
> Jobs have been migrated.
>
> Please test and report any issues ASAP to INFRA jira.
>
> https://ci-maven.apache.org/
>

> On 2021/07/08 21:37:43, Arnaud Héritier wrote:
> > Hi Gavin
> >
> > Let’s go. I cannot test more than the authentication today but I can
> assist
> > more later this month after my vacations.
> >
> > What is important is to move the shared libraries used by our jobs (I do
> > not remember how they were configured).
> >
> > We will see if we need / have to find some sponsors to setup some
> > additional build nodes.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Le jeu. 8 juil. 2021 à 23:06, Enrico Olivelli a
> > écrit :
> >
> > > Il giorno gio 8 lug 2021 alle ore 20:06 Gavin McDonald
> > > gmcdonald@apache.org>

> be
> > > >

> > > I have tested that I am able to login to ci-maven with my LDAP
> credentials
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Enrico

> and

> for
> Maven
> ci-builds

> and

> am

> > > operating
> Windows and

> (and
> years,

> nodes
> > > as
> for
> the
> plan

> be
> > > difference
> them,

> > --
> > Arnaud Héritier
> > Twitter/Skype : aheritier

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
This was indeed the issue.
Gavin has configured the plugin and now builds start to turn blue/green again.

I'll try to get trigger all master and get these back to blue[1]
If you see any issues, please reply to this mail.

Robert

[1] https://ci-maven.apache.org/job/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/job/master/site/dist-tool-master-jobs.html

On 16-7-2021 13:38:53, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:
Could this be the issue?
[Jira] No Jira site is configured for this project. This must be a project configuration error
@Gavin, could you configure this like it was done with ci-builds? Especially the credentials seem to be an issue for me.

thanks,
Robert

On 16-7-2021 12:49:30, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:
Gavin,
I've been able to install the required plugin.
I think we should be able to fix the rest ourselves.

@Arnaud and others
https://ci-maven.apache.org/job/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-acr-plugin/job/master/

All stages succeed, but in the end the build is marked as failure.
I can't see the cause, so I could use extra help.

thanks,
Robert
On 16-7-2021 11:22:12, Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> wrote:
All PMC Members should see an 'Administer' button down the leftside nav

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Could this be the issue?

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Gavin,

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
All PMC Members should see an 'Administer' button down the leftside nav

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
This one:

--
Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Robert,

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Okay, that makes sense.
Jobs have been picked up, just required quite some hours to run everything.

this morning I noticed some failed with the following message:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: WorkflowScript: 54: Invalid option type "timestamps". Valid option types: [authorizationMatrix, buildDiscarder, catchError, checkoutToSubdirectory, datadog, disableConcurrentBuilds, disableResume, durabilityHint, newContainerPerStage, overrideIndexTriggers, parallelsAlwaysFailFast, preserveStashes, quietPeriod, rateLimitBuilds, retry, script, skipDefaultCheckout, skipStagesAfterUnstable, throttle, throttleJobProperty, timeout, waitUntil, warnError, withChecks, withContext, withCredentials, withEnv, wrap, ws] @ line 54, column 9. timestamps() ^ WorkflowScript: 56: Invalid option type "ansiColor". Valid option types: [authorizationMatrix, buildDiscarder, catchError, checkoutToSubdirectory, datadog, disableConcurrentBuilds, disableResume, durabilityHint, newContainerPerStage, overrideIndexTriggers, parallelsAlwaysFailFast, preserveStashes, quietPeriod, rateLimitBuilds, retry, script, skipDefaultCheckout, skipStagesAfterUnstable, throttle, throttleJobProperty, timeout, waitUntil, warnError, withChecks, withContext, withCredentials, withEnv, wrap, ws] @ line 56, column 9. ansiColor('xterm') ^ 2 errors at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors(ErrorCollector.java:310) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToPrimaryClassNodes(CompilationUnit.java:1085) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:603) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.processPhaseOperations(CompilationUnit.java:581) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:558) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:298) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:268) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parseClass(GroovyShell.java:688) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:700) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsGroovyShell.doParse(CpsGroovyShell.java:142) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsGroovyShell.reparse(CpsGroovyShell.java:127) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsFlowExecution.parseScript(CpsFlowExecution.java:571) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsFlowExecution.start(CpsFlowExecution.java:523) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.job.WorkflowRun.run(WorkflowRun.java:337) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429) Finished: FAILURE

wrote:

> In case you haven't noticed: all Windows nodes are offline.

Yeah they are 'leased' nodes shared between all ci-* controllers and come
online
when in use.

Robert
> On 15-7-2021 10:29:31, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Our scripts use the labels ubuntu and Windows to distinguish the OS.
> Is it safe to add ubuntu to the maven nodes?
>
> thanks,
> Robert
> On 15-7-2021 10:06:37, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> Thanks All,
>
> Jobs have been migrated.
>
> Please test and report any issues ASAP to INFRA jira.
>
> https://ci-maven.apache.org/
>

> On 2021/07/08 21:37:43, Arnaud Héritier wrote:
> > Hi Gavin
> >
> > Let’s go. I cannot test more than the authentication today but I can
> assist
> > more later this month after my vacations.
> >
> > What is important is to move the shared libraries used by our jobs (I do
> > not remember how they were configured).
> >
> > We will see if we need / have to find some sponsors to setup some
> > additional build nodes.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Le jeu. 8 juil. 2021 à 23:06, Enrico Olivelli a
> > écrit :
> >
> > > Il giorno gio 8 lug 2021 alle ore 20:06 Gavin McDonald
> > > gmcdonald@apache.org>

> be
> > > >

> > > I have tested that I am able to login to ci-maven with my LDAP
> credentials
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Enrico

> and

> for
> Maven
> ci-builds

> and

> am

> > > operating
> Windows and

> (and
> years,

> nodes
> > > as
> for
> the
> plan

> be
> > > difference
> them,

> > --
> > Arnaud Héritier
> > Twitter/Skype : aheritier

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 11:08 AM Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>
wrote:

> In case you haven't noticed: all Windows nodes are offline.

Yeah they are 'leased' nodes shared between all ci-* controllers and come
online
when in use.

Robert
> On 15-7-2021 10:29:31, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Our scripts use the labels ubuntu and Windows to distinguish the OS.
> Is it safe to add ubuntu to the maven nodes?
>
> thanks,
> Robert
> On 15-7-2021 10:06:37, Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks All,
>
> Jobs have been migrated.
>
> Please test and report any issues ASAP to INFRA jira.
>
> https://ci-maven.apache.org/
>

> On 2021/07/08 21:37:43, Arnaud Héritier wrote:
> > Hi Gavin
> >
> > Let’s go. I cannot test more than the authentication today but I can
> assist
> > more later this month after my vacations.
> >
> > What is important is to move the shared libraries used by our jobs (I do
> > not remember how they were configured).
> >
> > We will see if we need / have to find some sponsors to setup some
> > additional build nodes.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Le jeu. 8 juil. 2021 à 23:06, Enrico Olivelli a
> > écrit :
> >
> > > Il giorno gio 8 lug 2021 alle ore 20:06 Gavin McDonald
> > > gmcdonald@apache.org>

> be
> > > >

> > > I have tested that I am able to login to ci-maven with my LDAP
> credentials
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Enrico

> and

> for
> Maven
> ci-builds

> and

> am

> > > operating
> Windows and

> (and
> years,

> nodes
> > > as
> for
> the
> plan

> be
> > > difference
> them,

> > --
> > Arnaud Héritier
> > Twitter/Skype : aheritier

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Thanks All,

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin

écrit :

> Il giorno gio 8 lug 2021 alle ore 20:06 Gavin McDonald <
> gmcdonald@apache.org>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > With no more interest in this subject, and no willing testers, I'll be
> > going ahead tomorrow and move all Maven jobs to ci-maven.apache.org.
> >

> I have tested that I am able to login to ci-maven with my LDAP credentials
>
> Thanks
> Enrico
>

> > Feel free to check after the move and create INFRA jira ticket(s) for
> > anything that breaks as a result.
> >
> > Gav...
> >
> > On 2021/06/30 18:23:54, Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Hi Michael,

> > Agents.

> > itself.
> > nodes;
> > jobs.

> > all Maven

> > building

> operating
> > >
> > > You are getting exactly as you have been using on ci-builds.a.o (and
> > builds.a.o) before that.
> > > There is no FreeBSD on any of our CI nor has there been for many years,
> > we do not support
> > > it.
> > >
> > > As for Windows nodes, you still have access to the same Windows nodes
> as
> > you always have, they are what are called floating agents available for
> > lease by all Jenkins Controllers, so your access and availability to the
> > Windows nodes will not change. We have 6 Windoes nodes currently and plan
> > to add some more soon.
> > >
> > > If anyone were to donate any nodes to attach to ci-maven then we'd be
> > happy to help add them on, including FreeBSD donated nodes, only
> difference
> > being that Infra would not manage them nor install any software on them,
> > which would be up to the donator(s).
> > >
> > > HTH

Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [JENKINS] - New Maven Controller for the project

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.