Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jaikrishnan Pillai <ja...@vordel.com> on 2004/11/03 17:03:45 UTC

Validating schema using old Schema namespace

Hi,
I have been looking now for quite some time to find a Java Parser that can
validate XML against the
older http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema namespace.Presently I am using the
Xerces(2.2.1) java parser to do the validation.It works fine for
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema, however throws errors when trying to
validate against the 1999 namespace.

Is there any way I could use the same version of Xerces to do the same.Is
there anyw version of xerces whihc supports the 1999 namespace.

Has anyone, got any idea / code as to how I can validate against the 1999
namespaces???...
Regds,
JK

Jaikrishnan R Pillai
Vordel - XML security and management
http://www.vordel.com
Tel:      +353-1-603 1706
Fax:     +353-1- 603 1701

- Vordel and Software AG to deliver secure integration solutions
- Vordel CTO writes the book on Web Services security

Re: Validating schema using old Schema namespace

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
The 1999 namespace was used in earlier drafts of the XML Schema spec.
Xerces2 only supports the W3C Recommendation [1] which associates the
namespace
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema with schema components. As such you
cannot coerce the parser to recognize the 1999 namespace or check the
constraints which were associated with schemas that used the 1999
namespace.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-1-20041028/

"Jaikrishnan Pillai" <ja...@vordel.com> wrote on 11/03/2004
11:03:45 AM:

> Hi,
> I have been looking now for quite some time to find a Java Parser that
can
> validate XML against the
> older http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema namespace.Presently I am using
the
> Xerces(2.2.1) java parser to do the validation.It works fine for
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema, however throws errors when trying to
> validate against the 1999 namespace.
>
> Is there any way I could use the same version of Xerces to do the
same.Is
> there anyw version of xerces whihc supports the 1999 namespace.
>
> Has anyone, got any idea / code as to how I can validate against the
1999
> namespaces???...
> Regds,
> JK
>
> Jaikrishnan R Pillai
> Vordel - XML security and management
> http://www.vordel.com
> Tel:      +353-1-603 1706
> Fax:     +353-1- 603 1701
>
> - Vordel and Software AG to deliver secure integration solutions
> - Vordel CTO writes the book on Web Services security

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com