Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by sp...@caseyconnor.org on 2009/06/12 01:37:23 UTC

JSPF-72...

Hi - just checking in about JSPF-72... I understand it was fixed, or
close to being fixed, and folks had graciously stepped up to do a
release with that fix... I couldn't tell from the recent messages on
this list if there was still momentum for that, if the the recent
commits are all building up to that release, or if it will come out
later, etc. I don't mean to pester, we just have production machines
that are currently falsely failing SPF for major domains and we need to
remedy the situation... just curious to know if there was a rough ETA in
mind. Feel free to say "we're working on it..." or "not gonna happen
soon" or whatever; I just wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-72

Thanks!
-Casey

Re: JSPF-72...

Posted by sp...@caseyconnor.org.
>> We're an anti-spam company that combines a few tools for users:
>> whitelist/blacklist, some social-networking leveraging, spam filtering,
>> customization options, in-place IMAP filtering, integration with
>> Yahoo/GMail/domains hosted by Google Apps, etc. We do SPF checking on
>> all identities present in all relevant messages, and combine that with
>> DK/DKIM checks and a lot of other factors to decide how to handle
>> messages for our users. JSPF definitely gets a workout on our servers
>> (Tomcat)!
>>

> As I'm interested in working on a java DKIM implementation sooner or
> later, may I ask what implementation are you using for DKIM?

We use Mail::DKIM in conjunction with a simple custom
Net::Server::PreFork server and custom Java-side client...

It works great, but we would love a jDKIM. :-) We were planning to
release our Perl-Java server-client setup as open source, since there
was no Java solution for DK or DKIM.

> Furthermore, are you using the "synchronous" or the "asynchronous"
> resolver in jSPF? (the default is synchronous)

I was the DKIM guy, not the SPF guy, but judging by the code, we're
using the defaults. We handle lookup latency with multithreading.

-Casey

Re: JSPF-72...

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
spfhelp@caseyconnor.org ha scritto:
> Sure:
>
> http://boxbe.com
> http://www.boxbe.com/how-it-works

Great!

> We're an anti-spam company that combines a few tools for users:
> whitelist/blacklist, some social-networking leveraging, spam filtering,
> customization options, in-place IMAP filtering, integration with
> Yahoo/GMail/domains hosted by Google Apps, etc. We do SPF checking on
> all identities present in all relevant messages, and combine that with
> DK/DKIM checks and a lot of other factors to decide how to handle
> messages for our users. JSPF definitely gets a workout on our servers
> (Tomcat)!

As I'm interested in working on a java DKIM implementation sooner or
later, may I ask what implementation are you using for DKIM?

Furthermore, are you using the "synchronous" or the "asynchronous"
resolver in jSPF? (the default is synchronous)

Thank you,
Stefano

Re: JSPF-72...

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Casey,

Re: JSPF-72...

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
I will hopefully find some time this weekend to publish a RC.

Bye,
Norman

Re: JSPF-72...

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.