Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Martin Duncan <Ma...@asu.edu> on 1998/10/05 02:21:29 UTC

mod_perl/3135: httpd eats all available cpu cycles and does not die or respond

>Number:         3135
>Category:       mod_perl
>Synopsis:       httpd eats all available cpu cycles and does not die or respond
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I hope I am sending this to the right people.......
I have installed a copy of apache 1.3.1 and mod_perl 1.15 from redhat in
src.rpm form.  they both compile fine, but when mod_perl is installed and run.
It starts the httpd processes, they immediately expand to take up all available
process time, but do not respond to http requests of any kind.  If I comment out
the LoadModule and AddModule directives in the httpd.conf then the server returns
to normal, but no mod_perl.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I have read ( dejanews) that DSO is broken on ELF file systems (like mine).
Is this true?